Friday, August 14, 2009

My Friend, Lily

One of my greatest friends in the whole wide world is a lady that works with me,that I will refer to as "Lily."

Lily has only worked in my office about a year and a half, but we became fast friends. We have lots of the same interests. She has young kids. I've been to her house several times...and the woman can cook like you would not believe.

She is a wonderful writer.....and avid photographer.....and just an overall sweet disposition.

This past Tuesday she was scheduled to return from her vacation. However, over the past few months she has complained with back problems. She had trouble standing and sitting. We found out Tuesday morning that she had been diagnosed with shingles.

Later on in the day, she found out that it was really worse, much worse. She has a rare form of cancer that is not treatable with chemo and radiation. She had a PT scan today...and from what I have heard...it wasn't a bad report. So they will remove the tumor and a major organ...and hopefully she will be cancer free.

Her surgery is set for this Monday. Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: