Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finally Back to Virginia

Well, mother and dad were well enough for me to travel home this week. I got home on Saturday afternoon. I have so much to do here this week, but due to all the medical appointments and such both parents have next week, I have to go back this coming Sunday. This time, however, I am going to take the AMTRAK train. It's only $50 each way...and it will give me time to catch up on ME and to get myself syched for giving care to both parents.

Although it is good being home, I am finding that I am unable to sleep. It's like I can't let things go and just rest. It also has not helped that each morning, I have awakened to the sound of a jangling telephone that turned out to be those god-foresaken telephone solicitors. DANG!

I went to church on Sunday morning. It was so good to connect with my friends and to feel their loving concern. They told me how much I was missed...and it made me feel good.

Speaking of friends, I had a male friend come to see me on Saturday evening....another one on Sunday evening, and tonight a host of church friends are having me over for pizza and cards. I am so blessed.

So, dear readers, keep me in your prayers.

This whole thing with my parents has only exacerbated my feelings of aloneness.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Hi Frank

My name is Jeff...48, married 18 years with 5 kids... and gay (surprise!). I discovered your blog through links and I have to say it is my favorite by far! Your honesty is refreshing. I am only at April 2006 so I have a long way to catch up but wanted to thank you as I have thanked other bloggers who share their story, as it helps tremendously as I work through this process. Thanks for sharing so honestly all the joys and sorrows of the last 4 years; it helps so much to know I am not alone in this struggle. Peace