Thursday, August 04, 2011

The Beach

As I write this, it is late at night. I am locked away in my condo on the 17th Floor Condo at the beach. From my balcony, I can watch the Atlantic Ocean as its waves crash to the shore. It is incredibly soothing to be able to just sit and to be.

A few weeks ago, as I was contemplating my life of losses during the past 12 months, I decided that for my own wellbeing, I needed to get away ALONE....to process all the stuff I have been dealing with. I needed a place where I could just sit and cry if need be.

So, the only place that I felt I could really be "at home" was the beach I went to as a child with my parents. We came here first nearly 50 years ago. I've found the places we used to go. It is just so amazing now to sit and see it alone.

As I have rested and done the things I have wanted to do...I have used the time to meditate.....to my thoughts in order....and to rest. I didn't know how much I needed this time away...until I got here. So with a few more days left, I am going to begin drafting a manuscript of my thoughts on the gay thing....of loss.....of change....of new beginnings.....and use this blog as the base for it.

It may never see the light of day at a publisher....but it can't ever be published at all if it doesn't get written. So as a way to process my grief, I am going to begin the process.....take my time....and see what happens.

Keep your fingers crossed as I embark on this new labor.

I will be writing here more regularly too.

Stay tuned.

Here's a family picture taken in 1965 at a statue here in a botanical garden......and what the same statue looks like nearly 50 years later......yesterday....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i just found your blog and i am reading it habitually now. I was reading one of your old posts where you said the gay market is into buff 20 somethings and i just turned 20.I am 20 5'9" 158 lbs slim light brown skin and i am single so it's not always true. your blogs are very inspiring i am glad you are doing it and i thank you for writing.It is not easy being me since i prefer older men and by that i mean my ex was 48 oh well c'est la vie right? well i will continue to read your blog as long as you continue to write. good luck and happy writing from this 20 year old out in the pacific ocean.


i have been trying to send this as an email but i guess it's too long.