Thursday, December 30, 2021

Happy New Year — Almost

Well.   After a year and a half from the point of my bowing to do a much better job of writing, I’m back.  Not quite sure if any of you are still there to read my ramblings, but here goes. 

Had quite the cancer scare after my last post here.   Was told I had liver cancer as shown by a super tiny lesion on said organ.  Had a super doctor who made it go away.   So on each regular scan since, all is well.    My donated kidney keeps humming along.   So I feel unusually blessed.  

As a gay man, I can honestly say that I am out to all my friends and the family in WV.  Yup. That’s a big story.  As you may remember I am an only child.   My parents are deceased.  The only family I have are remaining extended family in WV.   Since coming out all I have received is silence.    Even when I was in the hospital with kidney transplant surgery, silence.   Couldn’t even get any of them to decorate my parents’ grave once in a while not far from where they all live.   

In case you failed to get the memo, I’m now a servant of Saran now cause I’m gay.  I’ve turned my back on the Lord and similar Malarkey.  Very few of my moms family have said anything or to offer any support.  One beach though has been so wonderful.    One of my cousins there was the first person I told.   Turns out she has a gay son and there are tons of other gay relatives on that side.   They all provided unfailing support. Mom would have been proud of that group.    Dads side is much more widespread.   So his family’s support has been spotty at best.   I once owned a 1/8 interest in my grandparents 70+ acres in the middle of no where WV.   The cousins responsible for collecting and paying  the yearly tax bill dropped me from the notification list I assume be cause they are so holy and righteous they can’t deal with a gay man.   Others gave me the hate the sin love the sinner speeches or the I DONT SUPPORT YOUR LIFESTYLE CHOICE.  My favorite came from an in-law that I’ve never had a conversation with. Sh said her parents raised her to not say anything at all if she had nothing good to say. So she would be silent. 

So I was bewildered and hurt especially those who made fun of me and said under their breaths that they wished I had killed myself on one of those bad days.     And this is how people from WV really feel when they tell you how much they love you. 

NO THANK YOU. 

So I’ve been working to quietly extricate myself from those ties. 

How you might ask?

First, I had my parents moved from the awful place they were in and moved to a cemetery only 1 mile from my front door.  

Second, I GAVE my interest in the family farm to a relative for nothing.  It meant nothing to me. It’s value is nil.   The minerals have been siphoned off.   Liability is too much of. A headache and it is another tie to back there I’m not willing to maintain. 

Third, my parents home is being totally renovated for sale.   I had kept it as a rental property but when the two long term tenants died of Covid in 2020 I decided I don’t want it any more.   Hopefully it will be sold in the coming year for a good price.  

This leaves my Florida property in Hawthorne FL.   I plan to donate it for a tax write off. 

So then I am Wv free!!

Dave and I are still together.    It’s a good life. 


1 comment:

Michael said...

I am so glad to hear from you and that you are doing well. And no cancer! Yay! I have had quite the year myself and I am hopeful for a better year. Take care and I hope the good things keep on coming!