Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

What a day!

As I write this on my lap top....my dog is curled up next to me on my love seat in the living room. Again, it is cold, rainy, and somewhat windy.

#1 went off to be with "them" this evening....but I'm sitting here -- NOT DOWN.....just sort of in a mellow mood, counting all my blessings....and planning on going into the office in the morning.

Oh, there was a little bit of drama earlier, when Lovey let #1 know that she thought we should have Mom O'Lovey's strange single neighbor come up and be with us for our meal. This would not have been such a bad idea...had I planned on having him.....and two...had it not been a regular tradition at Mom O'Lovey's to host him. After all, he is her neighbor.

#1 was appalled.....

"After all, you all don't have that many people coming to YOUR house," intoned Lovey.

#1 vetoed the idea quickly.

When #1 told me, I said, well shouldn't your mother have asked me?

#1 responded, "Oh, you know Mom!"

Yes, I have known her for almost 30 years......and that relationship is almost over. Thank God.

Yes, I have much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

bear said...

oh no! strange. I think she's still thinking you two are a "we"? Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Great to read your posts again.