Wednesday, December 12, 2007

26 Years Ago Today...

December 12, 1981 was my big day.

It was the day that every person hopes to have and when that day dawns, it is full of hope and promise.

I’m speaking of my wedding to Lovey.

As of this writing, I am doing very well. I’m happy. I’m content. AND…I’m very glad that the divorce is over in all respects.

It’s been over six months since things were finalized, and I’m still not sure what I’m going to do with myself. I’m just enjoying the time of becoming more acquainted with me. It started off scary….but as I’ve gingerly found my way, it seems to be evening out nicely. So, stay tuned.

When I got home last night, I found some interesting mail waiting for me. I received Lovey’s Christmas Card and her holiday letter. This was a first for me. It also had a note that Lovey had made a contribution in my name to one of those charities that feed the underprivileged. I learned that whatever it was she gave, 800 people will be fed in my name.

So, she gave me a present. (At Thanksgiving, I had given her a photoquality print of the newspaper our son’s picture appeared in from my home town.)

I also had two other envelopes in my mailbox from Lovey’s retirement plan. A distribution had been made into an account established for me…. The original balance I was to be given had grown by $20,000!

So yesterday was a good day!

Life is going on rather nicely!

2 comments:

Vic Mansfield said...

I'm glad that healing has begun. May it continue, even with the ups and downs that occasionaly filter in.

Paul said...

As someone who volunteers in a soup kitchen/care center for the hungry and homeless, I'm very appreciative when someone makes a contribution to support our mission. I'm sure you realize that many out there have no friends nor family that cares.

You're very lucky. You have both.