Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dan Fogelberg


Did you hear the news?

Singer Dan Fogelberg died last Sunday Morning in Maine.

For me, his music defines a long ago era in my life. A much simpler time.....a time when I was younger....and when there wasn't so much wear and tear in my life.

His song, "Longer," is forever associated with my honeymoon. It's the song that was playing the morning after my wedding. It played as Lovey and I were running around our hotel room in Williamsburg, Virginia getting ready to explore the Tidewater Region that Sunday Morning -- 26 years ago.

Here I am 26 years later....the marriage is dead....and the singer too is dead.

Kind of fitting, don't you think?

I'm seriously thinking of driving down to Williamsburg in the next few weeks. I want to go to that same hotel....and to enjoy the sites and sounds of Williamsburg in the winter.

I want overlay new memories of the place over those old, sentimental ones.

I think I'll take some of Mr. Fogelberg's recordings along on the trip to associate his words and music with a new era -- the dawn of a new adventure, which is my new life.

No comments: