Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Dinner With Friends

Last night I had an impromptu dinner with two very dear friends.

Following a very long and stressful day, I needed to be around someone that cared about me....and where I could let down my hair.

So, I jumped at the chance to go and have fun for a few hours.

One of them, who hadn't seen me in a while, kept telling me how wonderful I looked. He detected a change about me. I kidded him and said, "See what a weekend with your EX wife can do for you!"

We all laughed.

But,I sat down when I got home and started thinking about what he had said..... I suppose I look different because I feel different about me. I'm relaxed. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. I'm just enjoying my life....and trying to figure out how to spend more time with my parents, my children and my friends because I appreciate each second.

My one friend kept me in stitches as he was recounting for my other friend about how much fun we had at the beach this past summer. Gosh, it was so good to laugh and think about those wonderful memories.

I pray that I have many more such memories to make.

Who knows? Next year I may be able to make some more wonderful memories with someone very special.

4 comments:

Tim Morris said...

Do you attend MCC?
My wife and daughter love that church but we live to far away.

Tim Morris said...

I just noticed Alexandria, VA
My wife and I were at the concert along with ray's family. I also noticed I am commenting on the wrong blog.
There is an Alexandra close to Indy.
God bless,
Tim

Java said...

The difference, is it that you no longer have the weight of a closet on your shoulders?

Bigg said...

I really hope it doesn't take until next year to find that special someone, Frank. You really deserve him, and you're finally in a good place to be.
I'll keep wishing you all the best.