Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wednesday Morning

I awoke this morning well before dawn.

It's one of those days where I felt like the weight of the world was sucking the life right out of me as I lay in my bed. It's hard to describe....but that's why I woke up so early.

So I used the time to send some email to friends....and to just pray and meditate. Right now I'm feeling better....and actually I don't have any reason not to be encouraged. Mother appears to be doing fine....Dad is fine....and all my children are well.

I just get kind of critical about myself...and pick at all my little flaws...and wonder why I am the way that I am. I guess this is the evil of being perfectionistic...because I want to be perfect in all my ways.

Hopefully today will be a good one.

2 comments:

A Troll At Sea said...

Franco:

Here's hoping you can let go a bit. While there MAY be a point to trying to perfect yourself, it drifts dangerously close to the impossible task, and romantic dream-killer, of trying to perfect other people, even in dreams.

It may sound churlish for me even to respond, as I do in fact have someone to curl up with on a Saturday afternoon--and just about only then--but the desire to "improve" people sure looks like disapproval from the outside.

I wish you all the answers to every prayer.

T@C

Java said...

I think only Mary Poppins was practically perfect in every way. The rest of us make do. I struggle to accept that, too.