Thursday, February 12, 2009

Update

My goodness.

It has been ages since I wrote.

This is especially embarrassing -- given the fact that I had pledged to write more faithfully this year.

I'm sorry.

It has been a very hectic few weeks.

Let me catch you up.

The last time I wrote, I explained how disappointed I was that my blind date cancelled at the very last moment.

Time passed and he spoke to me on a number of times afterwards and said that he was in the bed ill. So, he slowly recovered. We rescheduled for last Thursday, February 5.

And, guess what?

At the last minute, he stood me up AGAIN!

This time it hurt.

Perhaps it shouldn't have, but it did and I have worked to deal with it. Just day before yesterday, he called to apologize. This time he said it was his 10 yo daughter who suffered a seizure that required her to be hospitalized. He was phoning because she had just been released and he asked my forgiveness yet again.

So, I just didn't know what to think. Especially given the fact that he had two plausible excuses...but still we haven't met.

I spent last weekend in Charlottesville with a group of guys who are members of one of my online support groups. It's the group that saw me through the initial separation and early days of divorce talk. One of the men is headed through a very painful divorce. He has good days and bad days. Another guy is on his second marriage which is getting ready to dissolve. The two other guys were married and plan to stay that way.

It gave me time to be with my friends....and to explore places I hadn't ever visited. I also got to hear all these men's stories...and to reflect on mine. I have come such a very long way.... How thankful I am...even with the disappointments of not meeting people for dating purposes.

I cae back from my trip refreshed. I've had a wonderful week full of accomplishment at the office.

And we will see what happens.

No comments: