Thursday, June 04, 2009

Approaching Anniversaries

I cannot believe that we are only about five days from my fourth anniversary since Lovey decided to separate, which was stage one in my wonderful divorce.

I really have to laugh when I go back and read those early, early posts on this blog -- those were the ones where I was passing the milestone of the first anniversary of that grand pronouncement. Back then I was dreading June 20, 2006 because that was the date that Lovey was slated to move out.

Then she moved out....

My house was stripped bare....and I was alone with my daughter.

Now, I look at that same room.....and see just how far this house has come--how far I have come...... Gosh, the drama I have survived.

The friends I have made.

The relationships I have had...although they were all shortlived.....I've had a couple of fulltime relationships with guys who were available.... But they ended relatively quickly...and here I sit....contemplating it all from a new perspective.

I am amazed at my growth and all the milestones I have passed.

I'm still here.

Taking it all one day at a time.

Life continues to be good and getting better.

No comments: