Sunday, October 17, 2010

GRIEF

It's now the early hours of Monday. Later on today, my mother will have been gone from me for 7 full days.

My daughters have returned home.....Lovey has returned to her churches. I am still in Huntington, WV with my dad and my son.

I have been so focused on the planning of the memorial service and the cremation....and my kids....and my dad....that I have neglected myself. This is really nothing new. I have basically done this all my adult life.

BUT...

As I was taking a much needed breather to join some church friends at a bowling event tonight here....it began to settle upon me. The pain began to envelop me like high tide.

I miss my mom.

Terribly.

And, there is nothing I can do about it!

2 comments:

Amigakitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amigakitty said...

Hugs from MA. You and your whole family are in my prayers. I hope that all the good memories of your Mom will start to fill that hole in your heart.