Wednesday, October 06, 2010

UPDATE

I have been in WV almost three weeks now. As I write this, both parents are in hospice care. Mother went for palliative radiation treatments on her shoulder, skull, and neck. The brain scan one week ago revealed that the cancer has spread around her skull....it is a C3 and C5 in neck....in fact it has eroded some of the that....she has two masses in her neck....that are contributing to the pain. Yesterday she was barely able to walk after her treatment...and we saw her normal oncologist. Her heart was out of rythmn. He sent her to the hospital...where she is today. While her heartbeat was originally at 162....this morning it is still over 100 beats per minute. They are concerned that she will start sending out blood clots.

Dad is still asleep.

He collapsed twice at the hospital yesterday.

Deep inside me I am going crazy....

It is so hard watching this happen to my parents.

2 comments:

Amigakitty said...

Frank,

You are in my thoughts and in my prayers during this tough time. I am an only child and I worry about when the time comes. Just remember that the Lord never gives us more than we can handle.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Frank.