Friday, October 31, 2014

Some Things Never Change

Well, I have a number of ads posted on a number dating sites and occasionally I get some interesting responses. But they never turn out…so, it's with trepidation that I read their responses and offer anything in return.

Today I noticed that a gentleman had visited my profile on a number of occasions. So I wrote him a quick note….and said "Hello. Just a note to say I like your profile. It resonated because I was married…..blah…blah….blah…so it has been slow going."

"Good Guy" responded by saying "We do have a lot in common. I'm not sure that we'd be compatible dating or as partners, but a new friend is always nice. Let me know."

So, I responded, with "What are you looking for?" (Keep in mind that I did not say anything to him that even hinted I was interested romantically. I had just told him that most folks on that particular site were looking for the next best thing between the sheets….and that I was looking for a whole lot more……and it is slow going."

"Good Guy" responded again saying "What am I looking for in terms of friends, or partners? The former: wide open. The latter, obviously a bit pickier and I don't think you and I would be a good match on that score."

I responded: "You certainly have a way with words. Based upon your emails I certainly agree with your assessment with one addition: I don't' think we'd be good friends. I'm picky too. Have a great day!"

Geez….

Now do you see why I've learned to be content in my life as it is?

2 comments:

Paul said...

Welcome back Frank. Sorry it is so tough out there in the dating world for you, but glad life is treating you well otherwise!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he was being very up-front, and not being a dick at all.

Sounds like you were being up-front, and not being a dick at all.

interests are interests, and at least he let you know up front his feelings.