Monday, June 08, 2015

Look Who Just Swooped In!

Greetings to all of you after a very long hiatus. I apologize for having been MIA for such a long period of time, but it has been a wacky time in my life. Some things have changed. Lots haven't. So, I'm still here and have not fallen off the face of the earth.

First and foremost, I've been preoccupied with Mom O'Lovey's deteriorating condition. She was diagnosed just over two years ago with metastatic lung cancer - stage 4 and only given a very few months to live. She has been following a holistic diet with no chemo...and she is still with us...although the cancer has spread throughout her body. She has lost a ton of weight...looks like a skin covered skeleton, but she remains a positive lighthouse in the midst of the storms of adversity.

Second, Lovey, is moving this summer an hour away from her current pastorate. In the process she is purchasing her first home and is all excited about it. Yes, we are getting along okay...and some say that she has mellowed much and is attempting to perhaps interest me in a reconciliation. I don't see it...and frankly, that ship sailed 10 years ago when she announced to me that I had made her life hell and that she wanted to divorce -- "so that I can be free to experience other relationships." Sadly that hasn't exactly happened for her...but we trudge on.

My kids are terrific. I am now a grandpa with three small grandchildren all aged 3 and below. So, I'm really having a good time being in my new role.

I'm still gay!

I'm still alone. BUT, I've readily accepted this as a part of the gay life. In the words of a good gay friend, after the age of 55, one's shelf life begins to wane and therefore, the market for men like me shrinks considerably.

I'm still working. Having a wonderful time with that. It's still a challenge and it's fun to have a wonderful staff like mine.

I have been dealing with some health problems related to my diabetes. Working on those to make them better.

I have garnered a number of new friends. Some old ones have resurfaced in my life. One or two of them have asked me why they never pursued me! LOL. I turn the question back at them and say, "Well, why didn't you?"

So life goes on.

I'm so glad that you have chose to remain with me...even though it must get time consuming and perhaps frustrating when I've been so lax at writing.

From today, I am going to work at beginning again and post more regularly. Thanks to all of you who have written comments and inquiring about when I'd be back. I do read them all...and yes, I am definitely BACK!

Stay safe.

No comments: