Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Letter from MP


Dear Frank,

I apologize for not responding to your heartfelt email before now. However, I've been out of town attending to the details related to the death of a close family member.

I am writing this to you in longhand to let you know how important this matter is to me. I am sincerely sorry for not having been in touch with you during your separation. All I can say is that we dropped the ball -- plain and simple. I can make all kinds of excuses as to the fact that I was deployed on temporary military duty...or that the associate was giving birth...etc. But, the main point is that we dropped the ball, and there is nothing more that I can say.

The only thing that I can say is that I sincerely want to connect with you: spend some time with you and to get to know you better. I also hope that in the process that you will give me and the church and the entire staff another chance to be there for you. The church loves you and has missed you. Please give us the opportunity to make things right.

We haven't taken sides in this matter. That's simply not something we do. I assure you.

I sincerely am sorry for the pain you have had to bear and hope that you will be open to giving me another chance.

I will be calling you in a few days to schedule a time where we can meet for lunch or dinner.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Blessings,

MP

1 comment:

bear said...

This is a good sign. I'm glad he came around finally. I'd think he must feel terrible. I'm certain he didn't realize how badly you needed their support until you wrote him. It was awkward for everyone as you know...