Monday, March 30, 2009

Things That Go Bump In The Night

I consider myself to be a spiritual person.

I have regular times of devotions and meditation.

I read the Bible and try to keep centered spiritually.

I am not one to see visions....or predict the future....or anything out of the ordinary.

But I have to tell you. I had an experience night before last that rattled me a bit. It has stuck with me very profoundly.

So, I am going to share it with all of you and record this experience here so that if something comes of this, we know that I was "warned."

I got into bed very late on Saturday night. It had been a very busy day...and I was exhausted. I went to sleep and slept soundly.

At around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday morning I was awakened.

Fully awakened.

I laid there in the comfort of my bed listening to my dog snore. I wondered if I needed to get up and let him out. I then was trying to figure out whether to go to the bathroom or not....when I heard a voice.

As clear as a bell, the voice said, "Frank, your life is getting ready to change."

It jolted me.

I sat upright.

Clearly my dog had not heard this because he was still snoring. I turned on the light....and sat up....

I breathed a prayer and said, "Oh God...haven't I had enough change in the past 5 or so years? Can't we make this change be something positive -- really positive?"

I sat there for about thirty minutes until I calmed down.

I then turned out the light and went to sleep.

But the words are seared into my mind.

What kind of changes are we talking about? What is God trying to tell me?

3 comments:

Vic Mansfield said...

God speaks in lots of ways, ordinary or mysterious. Let it unfold. Trust.

Easy for me to say, I know. But it will be for good.

Joseph said...

It was so good to read your posts today and to hear what you had to say. I am happy that things are going well for you. I am very happy about the boyfriend, and I respect your decision to take it slowly. You definitely deserve the contentment you feel. Continue to trust in God; it seems to be working for you!

Java said...

Interesting. Do you think it is better to be aware of imminent change, or to have it come as a surprise?