Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Busy Weekend Thus Far

Last night I went to dinner with some of my crazy church buddies.

We met at the restaurant at 7:45 and sat and talked for a good hour or so....laughing .....telling jokes and reminiscing about various events we've shared.

following dinner we headed to a couple's house for a couple of rousing games of SCENE IT! I'm proud to say that I came in Second! I know a little about movies. By the time I got home....it was after midnight. I had to let Davy Dawg out. Poor guy. He was almost at the point of bladder explosion from having been inside all day. But I let him out....and he seemed to be very happpy when he came back inside.

I then took my meds and toddled off to bed.

This morning I awoke early and talked to my daughter in El Salvador. She's happy and full of energy. She plays soccer and works in the fields down there. She told me that a neighbor of hers died this morning. So, she will get to experience the funeral process there. She says that tonight is a vigil....with lots of coffee....and bread. Then they bury the person tomorrow. (No embalming.)

#2 in Nashville has been recording more of her stuff in the studio. Last night she called to say that she had finished another one of her songs and was really upbeat about it.

No word from the Marine.

But I've received three packages for him...and his last email to me said that I needed to keep them in a safe place for his return.

So, I have followed his directions.

Today I've got so much to accomplish...... Thankfully this is my three day weekend and I'm off on Monday. I've got a very big agenda of work planned to complete.

We'll see just how much of it I can do.

No comments: