Saturday, December 06, 2008

It's SATURDAY!

I am so happy that the weekend is here.

It has been such a long and emotionally draining week, it's just nice to be able to sit in the quiet solitude of my house ande catch my breath.

Got some very disturbing news about my mother this week. The chemo has messed with her kidneys and they are on the verge of failure. She has one more round of chemo beginning on Monday...so I hope that she is able to recover from all this fairly quickly.

I suppose it is just one more thing to worry about.

It really is quite frightening actually. So, what I am trying to do is to take it all a day at a time....and to breathe...and cross each hurdle as they come.

I've spoken with all my kids. Jessica is doing well back in her home in El Salvador. Her trip has madeher a bit homesick, but that should be expected. Laura is looking forward to being home for Christmas....and Josh is planning on staying here for two weeks around Christmas. In the meantime I have to clean the house, put up the Christmas Tree, do my Christmas cards, and shop.

WOW!

So it is all going to be one day at a time!

1 comment:

Java said...

Breathing is always a good idea.

My thoughts and prayers are with your mother.