Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A Non-Stop Day

I was up until 1am last night trying to get Jessica ready for her early morning flight today. She didn't get to bed until after 3am. We both arose at 5am and I had her at Dulles by six.

Needless to say, I am totally worn out.

My job has kept me so very busy. This was a good thing. It kept me from experiencing an over abundance of the blues now that she has gone.

This evening I have practically lived on the telephone. Jessica arrived at her village safely. Her sister called to see if I was depressed about her leaving. She was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't "bad."

Friends called me about dinner tomorrow night.....about church on Sunday....... This entire weekend is totally booked for me. I can't believe how busy it is....here at the holidays!

I have to get the house clean again and the tree decorated and installed. I want my house to look festive and ready for a celebration.

I've spoken with mom....and she seems to be fine for now. Her last chemo treatments are scheduled for next week. She gets a scan tomorrow of her entire body to see how the chemo has dealt with the lung cancer.

So, it promises to be a full holiday season.

No comments: