Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rainy Nights and Anniversaries

Twenty-seven years ago tonight was my wedding rehearsal. My parents were here. I was 23 years old and embarking on a new adventure. One that took my breath away...one that I considered from every angle.

With youthful abandon and immaturity, I thought I was doing the right thing. My religious background told me that I could and should change my underlying attractions to men.

But, if you are a constant reader of this blog you know that all my best efforts failed.

So here, on a rainy cold evening, 27 years after my wedding rehearsal, I am still recovering from the divorce....and getting used to living alone.....and plotting my own course.

It's on anniversaries like this that I can look back and realize just how far I have come. I'm not totally down....I'm not depressed and consumed by the what ifs.

I'm just looking at the experience as one that brought about phenomenal growth. It also allowed me to have my children.

So here I am.

Reasonably happy.

But full of reflection.

2 comments:

Java said...

The way I see it, life is a big, long education. 27 years ago you started that lesson. You sure have come far and learned much.

Anonymous said...

Your in a reasonably good place from what I see. Keep growing..