Thursday, January 22, 2009

Frank Has A Date!

Well, it has finally happened!

Frank has a date scheduled for Saturday evening!

This is kind of a first. I've been out with a number of gentlemen, but it was more on a friendship level. Nothing substantive, and it wasn't something that we looked at as a possible long-term, fulltime relationship.

So, about 3 weeks ago, I decided to place an ad on one of those dating sites. It wasn't one of those looking for sex now sites, but rather, it was one of those sites where the people are looking for something more than a quick hookup. So my ad gave the most basic of stats. (Not an emphasis on body part dimensions....or unique body features.) I also gave my true age, a list of my interests, and an invitation to contact me if it piqued anyone's interest.

I didn't expect to get a lot of responses...and I wasn't disappointed. But of the two serious responses I received, the man bared his soul. He is 43 years old and my same height and weight. He had been married for a long time and has one daughter.

He's a mortgage banker, lives in the metro area of where I live. He has never had a serious male relationship and feels that the time is right for him to begin moving in that direction.

His definition of monogamy matches mine.

We've been talking on the telephone and through email and to be honest, I've grown kind of fond of him.

We have not traded pictures and that has not been an issue.

So, on Saturday Evening at 5:00 p.m., he and I are meeting for dinner at a restaurant in downtown Washington, D.C.

Wouldn't it be neat if this works out?

We'll see!

4 comments:

A Troll At Sea said...

Frank:

I hope it's a wonderful date.

Dates have a way of revealing much that's not visible on-line, which is why, I suppose, I never got past the cup of coffee test with most of the people I liked.

But, as I know only too well, lightning strikes where it damn well pleases. Here's hoping it strikes this weekend...

T@C

Anonymous said...

Frank;
Have a great meal! What ever happens, as long as you are totally honest I am sure that it will work out fine.

Rick

Anonymous said...

Frank--
It sounds like you have started off this relationship the right way--getting to know each other in a non-threatening way first. I wish you the best on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well.

Just be yourself and que sera, sera!