Sunday, June 06, 2010

Are All Gay Men Flaky?

Well, here am I...burned again. I swear, I am beginning to wonder where all the good men are.

The guy that I met last week....that seemed like good bf material apparently has flaked out like all the others. Yup. He contacted me and said that he wanted to go to dinner tomorrow night or Thursday night. Thursday night is booked for me....and so I told him that Monday night was best. I asked him what he wanted to do foodwise.

As of this evening....Sunday evening....silence. So, I assume that we are not going to have dinner.

He now joins the club of two other possible men....and those two both say that they are too busy for romance.

I am a very busy man too. But I always have time for friends....or time for possible romance. I seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

So, in the meantime, I went to the Gay Men's Chorus Pride concert this afternoon on the campus of George Washington University in Washington, DC. It was excellent and uplifting. The eye candy was overwhelming. One man in particular I just could not take my eyes off. WHEW.

It is so frustrating not to be able to have someone in my life. I am so tired of whining about it too. But it's there. It's painfully lonely. But, there is nothing I can do. I put myself out there where the gay guys are.....and those that express an interest are TOO busy.

I purposely play low key....and not appear desperate. Still, I am a 52yo single man.....and the primary market in the gay world appears to be buff 20 something.

I just don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to handle this.

3 comments:

Furio said...

I think flakiness in gay men goes up and down at times. I've known many who are not good at communication (I've been poor at it, myself, I know), and then suddenly, those same men get talkative again. You never can tell sometimes. All I can say about that one guy is that it's HIS loss that he didn't meet up with you.

As for the "20-year old crowd", ready your maniacal laughter...for one day, THEY will be 52 years old, and wondering what the hell happened and what to do now. >:)

Let's just pray that they don't become those 52 year olds that are trying too hard to STAY 20 years old.... *shudders* There's a fine line between being childISH and childLIKE.

*big warm hugs*

-- Marc

Unknown said...

Well I'm not sure what to say, I'm 22 I got a good body I'm handsome I'm romantic got my own place and money however I'm still in the same situation as you, then I'm wondering does it really matters what kind of crowd do you belong to?
Now that sex is to easy and casual love has become so complicated...

Michael Hamlin said...

Hugs. I'm sorry to hear about how much trouble you're having.

The gay dating scene is pretty ugly. It is especially hard if you don't live somewhere where you have the option of meeting folks in person (that isn't a club.)

Just keep your head up and don't lose hope.