Monday, June 28, 2010

Stuff's Happening

It has been an awful weekend.

First, mom had her lung biopsy on Friday. When I had not heard anything from her by early evening, I tried calling her. Finally, I reached my dad who announced she was in the hospital because of her lung collapsing. I started talking to him and he was very disoriented....almost childlike.

This is my dad we're talking about....and he couldn't tell me where mom was....her room number or telephone number. He could not find the piece of paper with that critical information.

I remained calm. After I hung up, I began calling folks that I knew. A lot of them were not home. Finally I caught up with myt cousin who lives about a half-hour east of my parents. She said that she would zip to the hospital on Saturday morning first thing. Then I called my daughter in Nashville...and she said she would drive up there. BLESS HER!

i was booked solid for this weekend with a long scheduled photo shoot. I couldn't go anywhere. I made it through those responsibilities in a daze....and then I had to work today at the office. I plan to leave for WV on Wednesday morning--EARLY.

On top of all this....mom and dad's beloved dog had to be put down today. He was suffering from cancer.

Right now it seems like everything and everyone in my life is battling this horrid disease.

I feel like the walls of my life are closing in on me.

1 comment:

Java said...

Having to have the dog put down adds a whole other layer of hurt to this tragic episode. I'm so sorry that things are so hard for you now. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.