Thursday, June 25, 2015

Frank Just Said No...

It's either feast or famine with me. Sometimes I go weeks and week without any folks contacting me from my postings on the dating sites....and then for no real reason it turns into a feast! Of late, it seems that I am totally inundated with offers from guys (and some gals) saying that I am the greatest thing since sliced bread. They say how "perfect" I am and that they have been looking for me for a long time....or that they are "my man."

I'm beginning to see each of these responses as "red flags."

Yesterday I got one of those responses. He has lived here for 12 years.....he's a native of Ireland. He was 34 years old. He asked for me to swap pictures with him. He swapped first...and then I sent mine. He was cute...and dapper. Works in finance like I do. We have much in common and he loves older men. He made mention that he thought this stemmed from the lack of a father in his growing up years. But we didn't talk much about that.

He invited me to lunch at a public restaurant. Everything appeared to be good...but...

In the midst of our meal, he announced to me that he wanted me to know that he was married. He's been married for 12 years...and that is why he moved here.

So, given my experiences of the last week or so...I went into quasi attack mode. I pointed out that I had said up front what I was looking for and having a married lover on the side was not on my list!

Even though he was well built.....a kind and gentle way.....and somewhat sincere, the deal breaker was that he is a very married man with no plans to leave his wife.

I asked him why he responded to my profile. He said he like my pictures and that my profile read very well and came across as sincere.

I said, "It was sincere...I'm sincere."

Then he begged me to take him someplace....and "let's get naked. I want you to hold me."

I respectfully declined.

We departed and went our separate ways.

Frank just said no!

No comments: