Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday

Happy Friday All

After 14 years of this blog and with it's new beginning I thought I would give it a facelift  Hope you like it.

It has been quite a busy day here.  Today was my day off but sadly, since I've been working from home totally since March 12, 2019, I find myself looking in on the office and the email flow and related things.  No wonder I feel so stressed out.  I can't seem to get any alone time.

My eldest twin, Jessica, is currently visiting her younger (by 30 seconds) sister in Nashville, TN.  Laura and her husband were married in 2016.  They just welcomed their first child on May 19 and of course, I can't travel due to the virus.  So she went down -- she drove and will be there until next weekend.    She and her sister are keeping me entertained with FaceTime visits and so I get to see the grandson as he grows.  It's really quite cool!

I'm doing okay.  Georgetown Hospital called me today to fill me in on what the plan is about the liver.  The nurse said that she was awaiting faxes of my records to them.  Once her doctors and surgeons had an opportunity for a look see, they will come up with a treatment plan.   We will then have a ZOOM meeting to discuss and I can ask all the questions I need to.

Talking with the nurse today did make me feel better.  She said that having a transplant is not the only treatment available, but the surgeon would determine that once they figured out a strategy.  As suspected, getting a liver is easier than getting a kidney.  The wait time is generally 6-12 months.  The donor's liver will regenerate.  And if I understood correctly, the portion of the liver that is introduced into my body will also regenerate.    So that's good news.

So I wait

Keep praying for me you all  I'm a fighter...so I don't plan to give up on this fight!

I promise to get back to subject more related to the gay thing soon.  Just bear with me as I deal with this current issue.

I've been hearing from people.  I'm sorry that I lost so many readers.  Hopefully they will come back..


No comments: