Tuesday, June 23, 2020

July 1, 2020

July 1, 2020 is going to be my big day.  That's the date that is set for my marathon meeting of the entire liver transplant team at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC.  It will be held via ZOOM.  Both my daughters who are currently in Nashville TN will also be on the call as well.  Modern technology is so wonderful during this Pandemic.  I'm thankful that they will be there to ask their myriad of questions.

To be honest, I am a bit frightened by all this.  Primarily because I feel very much in the dark about the future.  Whether I really have cancer or not?  Is it curable if I do?  Can it metastasize? What are my options?  Do I have to have a transplant?  And the list goes on and on and on...

So I have decided to take it a day and a time.  Enjoy the experience of feeling well.  And then when I receive news to worry about, i can then begin to worry.  But not today.

One ray of sunshine today, I got my test results back from my bloodwork from yesterday.  The liver enzymes have dropped a bit.  One number is at the highest part of normal.  The other is still over, but it has dropped some 30 points.  So that's good.  

But then we have the lesion still to deal with.

I wonder if they can remove the lesion...but then how do they know that the cancer isn't still lurking deep within the liver?  See I can go into all the negatives quite quickly.  So I need to stop.

Life is about to get good I believe.  I have a man in my life that I have truly flipped over.  But there are lots of hurdles to cross, decisions to make, and my health issues to overcome.  Not sure how this will play out...but all I know it feels awfully good to have a man in my life that has great potential to be something strong and steady in my life....and hopefully he feels the same way about me.  He's very reserved and protective of himself.  I totally get it.  We talk everyday.  We text every day.  

Just knowing he's there...and thinking about me....does work wonders.

More later.  

No comments: