Thursday, April 19, 2007

We Have Growth!

I have been a very busy guy these past few days. I’ve only been able to “think” about this blog rather than contribute anything.

My life continues to have its little dramas. However, I seem to be dealing with all of them. When I compare the Frank of today with that guy who started this blog, I can see 1000% growth.

Growth means I’m alive. Growth sometimes is painful. My one consolation is that only living things grow.

So, I’m definitely headed into the right direction.

Day before yesterday I was commissioned to take some photographs for a university in Washington. At day’s end I was able to give them 473 shots. I’ve not gotten any feedback from them, which I think is good news. They have secured my services for commencement in early May. So, I’m having fun doing that.

An interesting thing occurred that day while I was running around. I was in the chapel taking photographs during a special service when I looked up and saw Lovey seated several rows ahead of me.

It took my breath away.

I sat and observed her. Having spent a significant period of time with her as her husband, I can read her pretty well. When she is under stress she exhibits a unique breathing problem that cause her to gasp periodically and take a deep breath. We’ve had it checked on numerous occasions and the doctor can offer no solutions.

But, still it happens.

And on Tuesday, it was happening.

A whole lot.

Her whole appearance was surprising. Something is happening.

But I can’t really ask…..or talk to anyone about my concerns. All I know to do is to observe and to pray for her.

As I was circulating and take pictures, I did run into her one time. We nodded our acknowledgment to each other. No conversation…no words were spoken.

But when I first saw her…..a physiological event took place. My problem shoulder knotted up……my stomach hurt………and my right leg began to tremble.

Not in a good way.

My internist said that this was all due to my stress at seeing her. “This is what you felt like all the time Frank, when you were living with her,” she said. “The reason it affected you so profoundly now is that you have a quiet and peaceful life without her. You now see clearly the negative effect she had on you!”

Yes, I’m definitely seeing how much better living can be without Lovey in my life 24/7.

1 comment:

john said...

I believe that all those physical signs were real, very real.
I'm so glad that you have grown. I'm so glad that you have shared this with us.
Personally, reading your blog has helped me to grow too, in more ways than one.
I believe that I was sent to this site for a reason.
God bless you Frank.