Friday, September 26, 2008

30 Years and an Update from Mr. Office


I was summoned to the agency's Chief of Staff's Office yesterday afternoon!

It scared me for a moment because I wondered if I had screwed something up...or made someone mad....or did something not so good.

As I traveled up to the 9th Floor in my building, I ran all kinds of thoughts through my mind and as I reached the double doors of the Chief's outer office, I realized that I had done nothing wrong.

So, what could he want to see me about?

When I got into his office, he had this big grin on his face. He said, "Frank, you've been in government service for 30 years and I have some tokens to give to you for your career milestone."

With that, he walked over to his credenza and gave me a brand spanking new, shiny golden Bulova wristwatch with my name engraved on the back! I also was given a framed and matted certificate, a personalized letter from the head of the agency, and a golden eagle lapel pin!

Thirty years!

It's amazing to me.

But, here I am. At times I feel like I am as old as dirt. But, I'm still alive and kicking.

I'm actually thankful that I'm in such good health and spirits.

My name was also published in the agency newsletter citing my milestone. And wouldn't you know, Mr. Office sent me a congratulatory email!

He told me how much it made his day for me to be in his life.....and to know tht I'm around.

I saw him earlier in the week too....and got the holding hug.....and the kiss.....

Mixed signals galore....but I'm choosing to ignore them unless they become more pronounced.....and to take them at face value only.

He's a neat guy.....I think we'd be great together.......but that's just my thought.

Only he knows his!

No comments: