Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Secret Crushes: An Update on Mr. Office

Well, I heard from him today. He's been super busy with his job....and with all things that he is involved in. He sent me several emails...and none of them are something to write home about. So, I think I see where his interests lie...and I don't think they lie with me.

But, these days I seem to be in a different place than I was a month or so ago. I suppose when faced with a parent's mortality, it kind of puts your life into perspective. You see what is really important.

Romance is no longer at the top of my list. So, Mr. Office, while pleasant to look at and to spend time with....well, I just feel an emotional detachment from him.

Oh well.

So I'm not sure where I'm headed. I'm just trying to enjoy the journey and to not focus so much on the destination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think that when your least expecting it, romance will happen. Meanwhile keep enjoying the journey. I'm glad your Mom is doing better.