Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Time to Catch Up

It seems like it has been ages since I last posted.

I apologize to all of you for not posting but it has been hectic and I've just been trying to get my arms around the issues I now face.

Mother has been working to get used to her new hip. She has still been surprising her physical therapists and her doctors with her progress. In the next couple of days she will move from using a walker to using a cane. She has been going up and down steps. I'm very thankful that she is improving daily.

She is undergoing daily radiation treatments. So far the only thing that she is experiencing from that is that it is causing tremendous fatigue. Once she's done with her 14 radiation treatments, she will undergo 14 chemo treatments which will cause her hair to fall out.

I have heard that chemo can really be vicious. So, I am really concerned about it for her.

Last week she underwent a bone scan. So far no word on the rsults of that test. Today she had a PET SCAN and she will get the results of that tomorrow. That test wll give an idea of what the cancer is doing in the rest of her body. So, I am nervous.

How is Frank doing you may ask.

Well, I'm handling things okay. The shock of things has settled a bit. I am guardedly optimistic.

As a result of this, I've learned that I have a strong network of friends who are concerned about me.....and who have surrounded me with love and prayerful support.

On top of this, my love life is still in a holding pattern of longing, crushes, and mixed signals.

This past weekend, I had an extended visit with Lovey at her home. She's undergoing her own drama with her churches.

I went there to videotape her sermon for her credentialing process. We had some serious discussions and I was able to get some things off my chest. I got the impression that she has second thoughts now about the divorce... But I'm not wanting to get back with her. However, this exercise at least allowed me to make some valid points and it allowed me to put some things to rest.

So, my life is far from dull.

I will try and get back into the swing of writing more often now.

Thanks for bearing with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great news about your Mother. I hope she continues to improve daily. Make sure you take care of yourself as well!