Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Few Days Away


A church buddy of mine took pity upon me near the end of last week.

He said, "Frank, you've been under a lot of stress and strain lately. How about going with me to the beach with me for a few days. You don't have to do a thing but just rest and relax and do what you want to do."

So, we loaded up on Saturday afternoon and traveled to that beach community. It also so happened that they were celebrating GAY PRIDE that day. You see, the community is very gay friendly and has many, many business catering to the gay community. Rainbows are everywhere. They even have several gay areas on the beach and I got to watch all those gay boys frolicking and having fun EVERYWHERE. They were running, and playing on the beach, frolicking in the waves, playing volleyball! Take a look at the fine young specimen here. How would you like to have that walking up on your porch every night. It just did my heart good to see such fine representatives of gay AMERICA.

Another day, my friend and I biked almost 6 miles. Keep in mind now that I'm an old fart...not used to biking so much.....but I did it without any problems.

Last night was the perfect sunset. Check out my picture of it. Oh, it was bliss....and then I had to come back home tonight.

But, I must say, it is good to be back here...in my place.....alone even.

I looked at all those gay boys......and wished I had their youth.....their bodies.....their looks.....and their partners. But I guess I'm learning to be content with what I have......and that I always have me -- the ultimate partner.

I suppose it could be worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think that those of us that can experience life have it very well indeed. Hope you can agree.