Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Monday...

It's the beginning of another brand new week. On top of that, the weather has apparently changed...and so yesterday I turned on the a/c for the season.

I have had a very trying weekend. I had planned to get so much completed before my daughter's return tomorrow night, but gosh, I came down with a very bad case of asthma, bronchitis -- with almost pneumonia in my right lung. To top things off, I had dual ear infections, and sinusitis. The doctor also found that my thyroid meds were not working properly...and I wasn't getting enough of what I needed. So that capped off my really feeling bad.

I spent the entire weekend in bed....and staying quiet. I did manage to get to church yesterday, but by the end of things, I was exhausted by it.

The antibiotic I am on has one sort of negative side effect that I have noticed. It has made me "down". Oh, with all the things I've been through over the past few years....I have gotten sad before. But this is much different....and it feels like the whole bottom of my world has dropped out.

There is no reason for this. I know it is chemically induced because I can't identify anything that has brought me this low. Things are going really well. My daughter returns after two years away, tomorrow evening. She is arriving just in time to help me celebrate my 51st birthday....which is Friday. I have nothing officially planned to celebrate my day....perhaps I will take some of my friends out on Sunday. Certainly I will not do anything on the grand scale that I did last year to celebrate my 50th!

So, I'm looking at having a very busy week. I'm concentrating on feeling better. Today I have off from work and I'm working to get the house cleaned a bit before my daughter arrives.

Life goes on...

1 comment:

A Troll At Sea said...

Franco:

don't overdo it. Your health is more important than dealing with dust bunnies; your daughter will have seen enough, and know you well enough, to know what's going on.

Take care.
T@C