Monday, May 18, 2009

EXPLOSION!!!


Today I went nuclear on someone.

Yup...mild-mannered, kind, and caring Frank EXPLODED today.

I work very hard to keep an even keel in the most difficult of situations. I try to steer clear of controversy. I keep my nose clean...

Today, I got sucked into an unwanted vortex of drama. I have spent the last three weeks negotiating a host of unwanted dramas.... People whom I barely knew come up and tell me what I should do about this or that. Well, today, I exploded.

And totally let go.

The person on the receiving end knew that had received more than what they had bargained for.

They attempted to apologize.

They wanted to call and to talk.

My answer was simple and straight to the point: "I'm done talking to you. I have said all I am going to say about this issue!" "FINITO!!"

Yes, I've grown.

In the olden days I would have allowed this individual to walk all over me.....and I probably would have huddled over in a corner and cried about it because I was such an emotional mess.

But not now....in this day and time.

I'm a force to be wreckened with.

1 comment:

Vic Mansfield said...

Congrats on the growth. Don't let it wreck you. I reckon.