Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

It's Mother's Day.

It's mom's 75th Birthday weekend too!

Gosh the time flies by...and I am just so blessed to still have both parents in relative good health.

Mom has had such a tough go of it this year. The cancer diagnosis really almost did all of us in. It's amazing how such a pronouncement can have such long term implications. It has generated many nights of worry....moments of uncontrollable sobbing....and overall sadness.

But even through this there have been moments of sunshine. Most recently her diagnosis of being in remission has been such a blessing.

Today I am also thinking of my children. One is headed to her grandmother's home....a few blocks away....to spend the day with her grandma.....her mother.....and her aunts. This is good that for once, Lovey will have one of her offspring with her on this day.

I'm headed to church in just a little while....and I'm going to have a full afternoon.

No comments: