Sunday, July 19, 2015

How Is Your Garden Variety Bisexual Doing?

A few posts back I wrote about my excitement at meeting the new man named "John." I had sort of written him off as one those garden variety bisexuals that we gay men tend to run across as we navigate dating's sometimes treacherous waters.

He is a beautiful man physically and inside.

He is the type of guy that I feel is totally out of my league...yet, I made some type of positive impression on him.

I have to say that I was totally let down when he told me he was so into women. Mentally, I marked him off m list. BUT...he has continued to text...everyday....and my thoughts about him are beginning to shift some.

Here are some of his texts:

"I welcome male intimacy."

"We should explore this. It feels so good and all this texting back and forth does too! I am really bad at dealing with loneliness. I have often felt alone here. I often feel like a man on mars. It felt good when I met you...and it still does."

So, I guess I have nothing to lose in exploring this.

In some of his texts it's almost like he has to throw in his interest in women to comfort himself. It's hard to explain...but his comments about women are so random.....and almost mechanical. Talking about their physical attributes is close to vulgar...but the tone he uses with me is altogether different.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Paul said...

Frank,

Yeah, I think you are right. John is protesting too much that he isn't purely gay. Your job is to get to know him and if you like him, and he likes you, go as far as you both feel comfortable. He could be the one!

Anonymous said...

Be careful. Sounds like he could be pretty mixed up.