Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Coldness

Yesterday evening, I got home rather late. So, I decided to take the girls out to dinner...

Over the course of dinner, my Christmas letter came up again. This time, #2 announced that she thought my references to her mom were "cold."

For those of you who did not read it...here is the "Harsh" and "Cold" mention of Lovey, as it appears in my holiday letter:

"Lovey moved out on June 20, 2006 to begin pastoring her churches elsewhere in the State of Virginia and to officially begin her new life. I spent the remainder of the year trying to get rid of the remaining junk, and to obtain replacement pieces of furniture that she had taken with her. It was quite a job, but thankfully, everything seems to have come together nicely. With the help of my daughter #1, and a few close friends, I have been able to showcase my sense of style and tastes throughout the house so that it now reflects me. The house has been repainted and certain rooms repainted. New carpet has been laid throughout the house. I have a new deck and back fence, along with a new drainage system and sump pump. We also planted new grass in the front yard! Yes, the place is certainly beginning to take shape."

After #2 made her pronouncement, I asked, "Okay...how would you make all this warmer." To which she responded with all manner of throat clearing, squirming and associated movements. BUT...no suggestions.

It's amazing to me how people read things between the lines that just aren't there. They read what they want to read and then think what they want to think. So, in the end, I must be the bad guy. I mean, after all, I wrote the letter.

Gee, I guess I am more evil than I thought.

[Note to Frank: "In the new year, work on being a good person for a change."]

1 comment:

john said...

I'm trying to read between the lines. I'm not getting a feeling of "cold".