Thursday, December 07, 2006

BACK

It’s Been A While

I apologize for my silence… It has been a hectic couple of weeks as I prepare for the holidays. I’m actually looking forward to some down time – time to relax and visit with friends and family. Next week is the long awaited graduation of #2 in Nashville. So, I plan to do some holiday shopping there, and do some things I like to do. They have some fantastic antique/junk stores and the usual tourist traps. It’s going to be fun!

I’ve decided on some new rules for this blog. This is based on my experience last night.

You see, I’ve always said that I would never try to edit myself, or to make myself look good…just to maintain a good appearance for all of you. However, last night, I wrote a post and posted it. A few of you may have read it.

I deleted it first thing this morning.

It was BAD.

However, when I wrote the thing, I was in a very bad mood. I guess that made it rather appropriate. Nothing seemed right….and I was very depressed…

Why? You may be wondering.

Primarily because waiting for me in the mailbox yesterday after noon was a letter from my attorney that enclosed correspondence from Lovey’s attorney concerning an offer I had made to her.

I had offered her a fairly sizeable hunk of money and leave a hunk of her money alone, provided she would agree to leave my pension alone. (50% of it.) It meant that she would walk away with over $100,000 in her retirement accounts NOW, which would continue to grow over the next 15 or so years.

But, her attorney says that this is not negotiable… The only catch is, she only gets my retirement, “if, as, and when” I get it. In other words, if I choose not to retire, she doesn’t get the money. So, given the fact that her portion will greatly reduce my retirement annuity, I’m not planning on retiring anytime soon…God willing.

This appears to be a no-brainer…but then, what do I now?

So the letter from the attorney….and my personal email to her, arrived with my attorney…and then back to me. And, all this hit me wrong. The letter from the attorney to mine…..the email she had written her attorney….

All of it played into my mood….and did a beautiful job at ruining my evening.

But today all feels better in the world.

2 comments:

john said...

I hope it works out for you.
I'm glad you posted again--I was wondering how you were doing.

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back. Bright and sunny or down in the dumps; they are the two sides of the coin named Frank that I have grown to value.