Friday, October 27, 2006

Frank and the Night Visitors

Night before last I had a group of night visitors.

I wasn't expecting them.

They just showed up.

Unannounced.

Unplanned.

They were just there.

I was sitting in my downstairs rec room enjoying my new large screen high definition television. The voice of #1 drifted down brightly, "Dad, you've got company! C'mon upstairs!"

So, thinking it was some hot male admirer that had just crawled in off the street to offer his homage to me, I scampered up the stairs.

When I got to the top of the stairs, there was Lovey's family! You know...the ones that hadn't invited me to all the family festivities during the week. The people who said that I would always be a part of their family....like a brother!

Yes, them!

There stood Mom O'Lovey.

Lovey's baby sister...

Lovey's sister: Madam Knows Everything from Colorado.

AND...Lovey's niece...the one that wanted me to attend the wedding in Cozumel.

And do you know what they were all doing?

They were oohing....and ahhhing over what I had done to the place. It seems that they had all received reports of what all I was doing and wanted to come and see first hand.

So, there they all were.

I immediately became the gracious and warm host. I greeted them all with hugs and kisses and told them how good it was to see all of them. They talked on and on and on.

It was all very positive....nothing negative.

1 comment:

bear said...

THat's AWESOME! Now you are getting recognized for all the hard work fixing the house up so nice. My guess is they started talking about you and it came up. I know they didn't invite you, but oh well...I think they still "care" about you, so it was good for you to be so "gracious" in light of the fact you didn't feel welcomed to join them.