Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Was it really a year ago?


Time has a way of marching on and in my nightly time of reflecting before drifting off to sleep, I realized that it has been just over a year since I bought Lovey out of the house!

I then started thinking about all that I have accomplished in that time. It's quite impressive.

Had the house painted.

Had new brick sidewalks installed leading to my house.

Redid the front yard with a nice grass.

Had my bedroom repainted.

Repainted my daughter's room.

Had fence and deck replaced.

Replaced curtains with plantation shutters throughout the house.

Installed new furniture throughout.

Got rid of boxes and boxes of junk.

Got rid of yucky old funiture.

Had new carpet installed.

WOW!

In doing all this, I discovered to my amusement, that I do have taste and a sense of color: qualities Lovey said I never possessed.

I really can't get over how frightened I was of making these types of decisions....and my fear of June 20.

Things do have a way of working themselves out.

I suppose upon further reflection, I was just a bit overwhelmed by all the changes hitting my life at once. I obviously don't like change...and divorce certainly brings it to one's life big time.

BUT...I'm making it....

1 comment:

bear said...

Yes you are! You seem to have a lot of energy!!!
I think you do have a very good eye for decorating (sure it's a stereotype but I really don't think all gay guys have the talent.) Plus you're handy...quite a catch I say! ;)