Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Awaiting Word...


I’m just a little bit out of sorts right now.

It has been almost a month since the last flurry of activity about the separation agreement. I’ve not really heard anything since Lovey outted me to her attorney….and thus, I had to out myself to mine. (My attorney that it was really in poor taste for my wife to have done this to me…especially given the fact that we were right at settlement.)

Last weekend, Lovey asked if I had heard anything from my attorney about the settlement. I said that I hadn’t and that we were awaiting a response from her’s.

She then asked if I would mind going to her attorney’s office to complete the affidavit that would be the start of the paper work for the final decree. She was just “too busy.” I said, that I did mind….that this was “her” attorney…and “her” action….and that she needed to be the one to follow through.

She reluctantly agreed.

By the beginning of this week, my attorney was getting a bit frustrated with the silence from the other side. So she sent Lovey’s a note basically saying, “Hey, what’s up? We’ve not heard anything from you. At this point the February 1 start date for alimony is off the table. You all have until Friday for March. If not then, it will not be until April that alimony will be due.”

So, just now, while I was away to lunch….I missed a call from my attorney.

I hope it’s not anything bad….in conjunction with Lovey’s outing me to her attorney.

I just want this to be over.

No comments: