Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Stir Crazy

It's almost 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday night.....and I'm going stir-crazy. I've been homebound all day.....because of the weather....

Being homebound alone.....without any human presence....after you've been used to having someone floating through the house for the past 25 years is strange. It's quiet as a tomb. The only breathing I hear is my dog...and me of course.

Why am I having such a difficult time with this fact of life? I've had all kinds of things planned to do today, but I just couldn't seem to get motivated to do anything. This bothers me. It's not like me. But yet, here I am. Down...and bothered.

Perhaps it is because that today is Valentine's Day too.......

This morning I got a wake up call from Lovey. No, she didn't wish me happy Valentine's Day...... She had heard from #1 in El Salvador. She says that #1 is doing fabulously well...and that although she has only been gone one week, #1 feels like she has been gone a lifetime already. I hope this is a good comment and not a bad one.

I spoke to #2 in Nashville who said she had mailed me a Valentine's Day card....but it would be late. She wanted me to know that she loved me and was thinking about me. I love hearing from that girl.

I spoke with Mom O'Lovey today. Just wanted to make sure she was safe and warm and dry in this messy weather. I also thanked her for her dinner invitation from two nights ago. I got the message way after the fact....but it was a nice thought.

Still, I'm down....and it's too bad outside to do anything fun. I hope how soon warm weather gets here.

Friday night my men's group comes to see a movie....and then a house guest for the weekend. Human sounds in this house finally.

WOW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your guest is a man. That should lift your spirits, among other things.