Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday Morning In The Wee Hours

This has been a great weekend so far.

I spent all day Saturday by myself...and I enjoyed the alone time. As a matter of fact, a dear friend called to see if I wanted to do something, and I turned him down because of having so many things to do.

What a change a few weeks makes!

It feels as though I am settling into a routine. That feels so good.

Today I had to go do banking for the children, get breakfast out, take the dog to the groomers, go to the office supply store, go to Best Buy to pick up a new floor cleaner (the old one broke) and pick up some blank CDs and DVDs. Then I had to head by my mom-in-law's to pick up some things that Lovey left for me last weekend. While there I got to see my mom-in-law and her older sister, who I hadn't seen in a long while. Came home, carried everything in....and decided to take a nap. Was just beginning to sleep really well, when one of those survey people called about my grocery shopping habits.

The survey seemed to take forever. By the time it was all over, I was wide awake and the groomers called. The dog was ready. So I jumped into my clothes, ran to the groomer, picked up the dog....came home in time to get into the shower and get dressed. Another friend had invited me to dinner and a concert. As I was putting the finishing touches on my hair and teeth, the telephone rang and it was my mom-in-law. She couldn't get her DVD player to work. So I drove there, fixed her problem, returned and went off to have a leisurely dinner and enjoy the fine concert of chamber music.

Was I busy or what?

But now I find myself all keyed up. It must be from all that caffeine I had a dinner.

In bed, I hear every sound that this house makes, the dog makes, and the outside noises that go "bump" in the night.

So here I am writing to you.

I seem to be adjusting nicely now. Keep your fingers crossed that this continues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Frank;

Yes a week or two does make a big difference. You have let out a lot of hurt and you are feeling better from the healing. I would not be surprised that in the future you will find a few more scars and adhesions that will cause some more pain before they heal properly. But again that will tell you that you are alive and you will feel even better as they heal.

I’d bet that even if I were trying to sleep with the man of my dreams, too much caffeine would keep me awake, if not other things ;-).

Rick

bear said...

This is really good! I believe this is a big step towards self acceptance and overall happiness a lot of people don't achieve: learning to love yourself and really being content when alone. You can really learn alot about yourself during this time, and put a different perspective on life overall. (It took a couple of years for me to reach that level of contentment.)It was then that I was ready to love another, after I learned to love myself...