Sunday, February 04, 2007

This is a BAD Post

I am VERY down today.

It's the day before my little girl (#1) leaves for her adventure with the Peace Corps.

I've been up since way before dawn....trying to savor every minute that I can with her. I've looked in on her in her room...and watched her breathe....and I've tried to picture what this house is going to be like without her.

It simply rips my heart out.

I knew it would be tough, but I didn't know it would be this tough.

This is very much akin to the feelings I had when both girls left to go to college just over four years ago.

3 comments:

john said...

Nothing I will say could make you feel better, so I'm not going to try.
Know that if we were friends, I would give you a hug.

Vic Mansfield said...

Letting go is tough. As I age, I see more and more that life is about letting go.

Sad.

kerin said...

I can really understand and feel how it feels when children are out from
their parents and are gone into the
world to achieve their goals or to just fulfill their dreams.And are not sure when they return.
jenit
Outsourcing in BPO & Call Center Solution.