Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Latest Visit to the Doctor

Yesterday was the dreaded visit to the doctor again. This was a two-week followup to my last visit, where the doctor looked at me and said that I needed to make some drastic changes....namely, to go onto insulin. My sugar levels were totally out of control. I felt horrible.

It wasn't a good experience.

However, yesterday's was much, much better. The kindly doctor told me that she was proud of the way that things had turned around and that I'm moving in the right direction. I still need to make some additional changes. But, I'm on my way!

My sugar levels have dropped from 350 to the 140s with a minimum dose of insulin. All we have to do is to tweak my dosage to find the perfect dose.

In the meantime, the doctor told me that I should be feeling much better -- I am! She also told me that I should be thinking much more clearly and be focused -- I am! I told her that I feel like a new person. I've also noticed that I am sleeping much better through the night.

So, I guess I'm not quite ready for the grave just yet!

I go back to see her in exactly one month. I also have to have lab work done and then she will see how my body is responding to all of this.

Tomorrow I go visit the eye doctor and get new glasses. Oh, the joys of fall maintenance!

1 comment:

Vic Mansfield said...

You're doing it, dude. You're making changes, improvements, growing! There's life in you yet! Take care of yourself!