Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tears...


I went to my mailbox today and there was an envelope addressed to me from my daughter in Nashville, TN. She's the singer that is working toward two degrees... She has always dreamed of a career in the music business. One degree will be in commercial vocal performance and the other will be in music business. Her graduation will be this December. I fully expect her to attain her goal...and it's going to be quite fun watching her career progress as I get older.

This is also the same daughter who wrote Shades of Gray that was posted here a few days ago.

I opened the envelope from her and there was a birthday card. The card says:

For My Dad

As I get older, I realize more and more how lucky I've always been to have a dad like you. Thanks for giving me the kind of love that makes all the difference...all through my life. Happy 48th Birthday.


Then in her beautiful handwriting she wrote:

"Dear Daddy. You'll never know and I don't think I'll ever know how much your love, encouragement, and support have shaped my life. Every day I'm made aware of it by the conversations that I have with my friends. I hope the man that I marry will have the exact same kind of love for our children as you've had for us. I love you and I hope this year is an amazing new beginning for you! Love...."

Tears rolled down my face.

They are rolling now.

No comments: