Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Broken Chemistry Set?


I have given gay dating more thought.

I've also read the comments I have received on my last post and reflected upon them too.

The guy that I had the date with earlier in the week, (let's refer to him as "Mr. Wonderful) was an interesting guy. I didn't feel any "magic" with him. He is certainly not life partner material for me...I know that. So his apparent rejection of me was no great loss.

BUT...

I see something in the world of gay dating that is very common and I just can't figure it out.

I have come to the conclusion that if a guy tells you: "Aw...if we don't have chemistry, we can still be friends. One can never have enough friends" that things are going to go south if he doesn't find that "chemistry" and the friendship will indeed be non existent.

So, why waste the breath to say all that when you know that you're not going to follow through?

I have met so many men who have had similar experiences. It's almost as if gay men can't be friends with anyone that they wouldn't have the "hots" for.

It's beyond me.

One of my commenters said that I'm going to have to kiss a lot of frogs before I find my prince.....and to view their rejection of me as their loss.

I try to remember all that as I meet people...and the chemistry is not there on either side.

But I've got to tell you, at times I wonder what the deal is? What am I doing wrong to experience such rejection on a grand scale? Am I that unattractive? Is my chemistry set broken? Do I not have any chemistry to offer anyone?

It's all so very silly. Perhaps one day I will become lucky in love and truly find someone that is wonderful in all respects.

In the meantime, I have to trudge throuh the swamp of life alone encountering all those frogs.

ICK.

No comments: