Friday, November 07, 2008

Friday Morning

What a week.

Each day at the office has been an experience. I seem to hit the floor running....and it doesn't stop until I pry myself away from the place late into the evenings.

My dog hardly recognizes me!

So, today I'm going to write about the negative experiences I have faced this week as a middle-aged pathetic gay man!

Yup, that's how I feel right now based on the fact that I have been outright rejected.....I've been replaced......and I've been forgotten. These experiences have not left me in my "happy" place. 'm finding myself bitter, cynical, and feeling like there is no use to try and find someone special...simply because I don't fit the gay stereotype of being twenty-two, blond, buff, and somewhat empty between the ears.

It's so tiring to meet people....and feel and see their interest wither before one's very eyes.

Aw, one of my friends has advised me to remain positive.

Well, I try.

But having three negative experiences in one week is a bit much for me to handle in addition to facing my mom's illness.....and the ex whining in the background.

Yeah, Lovey reared her head again this week. She was mad with me because my credit union still lists her on my credit report as a co-owner on my credit card. This is something that I have attempted to take care of on at least three separate occasions....each time I am assured that she is off the account, only to find that she has not been taken off.

It's amazing.....and makes one wonder if it is due to ineptness in the financial institutions such as this that has helped to put our country in the financial mess it currently finds itself in.

(Didn't I tell you that I was going to be writing negatively..)

Finally, the experience that really takes the cake is this one: I joined another one of those online dating sites in hopes of finding Mr. Right. Well, I've gotten all kinds of hits to my profile and lots of email messages from folks of all ages. It has really served to balance out some of the negativity I've had......at least it did until I heard from BOZO in Brazil.

BOZO wrote to tell me how hot I was. He is not so bad himself. He then told me that he was going to move to my area from Brazil. I responded by saying something like "Wow!"

He took offense at that innocent remark.....and ripped me up one side and down the other.

I wrote him back and said, "Aren't you overreacting a bit?"

He then lectured me about not allowing him to do what he wanted to do.

I responded by saying, "What am I doing to stop you from doing anything you want to do with your life?

He then writes all apologetic and asks if we can start again?

Good Lord!

So, as you can see, I need this to be Friday. I have a four-day weekend that I will be using to get prepared for my daughter, who returns from El Salvador for a visit one week from tonight. I have much to do...including some time for me to relax....and to calm down and prepare for next week.

This too shall pass!

No comments: