Wednesday, February 13, 2013

OUT OF THE ASHES "Retold"

It’s rather hard to believe, but I have been writing this blog since Spring of 2006. At the time I was in the thick of things. I learned of Lovey’s plans to divorce me a scant 8 months before. I felt alientated from everyone. I felt so much pain. I was frustrated. I was quite frightened.

Most of all, I felt alone.

All of these feelings probably indicated that it was not the time to write a blog of what was happening to me. I vowed at the time that it would be unvarnished and not written to make the author look good….or to look innocent.

Ever since, I think you dear readers can say that I have kept my word.

One of the other characteristics of the blog was that I wrote in a disjointed manner. Some entries I would be recounting how I came to be. How the gay thing became a very painful and conscious presence in my daily life. Then it would jump from that pain, to the pain I was sufferening from the death of my marriage.

Then I would trash the ex wife.

Her family.

Former friends.

Former churches.

Former church friends.

Let’s just say, I was not in my “happy place.”

So, in reviewing close to 1,000 posts, I’ve decided to begin the story again. Some of you have asked me to speak more of myself and to add more details about myself.  Given the time and distance from those early and painful posts, I think I can do a better job at retelling the story better and more coherently.

This is what I will do.

As I write this entry, I have an idea. I would appreciate your input. Should I just stick these new entries into the old blog and continue to insert current ideas and themes? Or would it just be better for me to create a new blog and entitle it, “OUT OF THE ASHES “Restart”? If I did that, I would continue to post new entries in the old blog, but tell my tale about myself, my marriage, etc., in the new blog.

Or of course, I could delete the old blog and just start all over again!

Feel free to drop me a note.   What do you think?

I’ll go from there.

Deal?

No comments: