Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"I Want To Be Your Boyfriend"

Well, I finally got a hit from one of my dating entries from a younger man who told me "I want to be your boyfriend."

He told me all about himself.  He's divorced. He's military. He just got transferred here to DC and he saw my profile and my picture and he wants to be my man.  He also went to college where I did in my hometown.  

We have lots in common.  

So we had been conversing for several months.  We've also had a number of telephone conversations.  He sounded sane.  

Hmmmm.....could this be the one.

Last night I agreed to meet him.  Our first face-to-face meeting.  

We talked and talked and talked.

Finally, when I said I needed to get going, he said he would walk me outside.  Under the glow of the lights in the parking lot of the restaurant, he proceeded to tell me how "hot" I was.  How he wants to be my boyfriend.  He wants us to live together.  

The clincher, he wanted to take me to the hotel across the street and "bang me" then and there.  

Not the approach to win Frank over for sure.

I told him "No," but thanked him for the interest.  It made him angry.  

He left in a huff and did not look back.

Suppose that was that!

3 comments:

Kp said...

I, personally, hate when people do that. And by that, I mean pretty much explain exactly what they want and expect to get it out of me because they "know what they want". I don't have really any experience with dating guys, but the first and only guy I was ever close to dating did this and I was young(er) and I was waiting for a relationship and kinda open to any that came my way. But when he did this, I felt like it didn't matter exactly what else went on because it was kind of forced upon. We went on a date; horrible. But he wanted to date me still. I figured by the personality I got from your other posts that you wouldn't go for this, and from someone he kind of went through it: GOOD RIDDENS. great post :)

Anonymous said...

Bud, on the first date he is telling you that he wants to be your boyfriend and live with you???

I fear my friend you found either a player or someone with emotional issues.

Please be wise.

jim said...

Sounds to me like a guy just about to get kicked out of his apartment and needing a place to go.